Dr. Goovaerts has 25-years of experience editing and reviewing scientific documents:
- He is an Associate Editor for Mathematical Geosciences since 2009 and a reviewer for close to 100 international journals.
- He has reviewed PhD dissertations for numerous universities, including the Universities of Santa Cruz (CA, 1994), Ghent (Belgium, 1997), University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium, 1997 & 2001), the Helsinki University of Technology (Finland, 1998), the French Institute of Petroleum (France, 1998), the Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal, 1999, 2016), the National Polytechnic Institute of Lorraine (France, 2001), the University of Michigan (MI, 2002), the New University of Lisbon (2004), The University of Florida (FL, 2008), Edith Cowan University (Australia, 2011,2014), the Aix-Marseille University (France, 2014).
- He has acted as external reviewer for the following agencies and international organizations: NSF, NIH, NRC, National Environmental Research Council (UK), Natural Environment Research Council (UK), Swiss National Science Foundation, Romanian National Council for Scientific Research, and the “Fonds pour la Formation de Chercheurs et l'Aide ä la Recherche" (FCAR), Quebec.
- Reviewer for the Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation, report titled “Defining background groundwater quality at the Savannah River Site.".
- External Peer review of the EPA’s draft Report titled "Levels of Polychlorinated Dibenzodioxins, Polychlorinated Dibenzofurans, PCBs and Mercury in Rural Soils of the U.S." (2006).
- Reviewer for USEPA Region 5 (Field group), report titled "A Geostatistical Assessment of Metals in Passaic River Sediment", and additional analysis (2002).
- He has reviewed multiple sampling designs and remediation plans, as well as Quality Assurance Project Plans.
A complete list of his publications can be found here.